Thursday, September 16, 2010

military trend

For everyone who follows fashion diligently, they will understand what I'm talking about when I say that the military trend is all over the place right now. Army green-inspired cargo skinnies by J Brand is very popular right now as well as blazers with big buttons and epaulets. 


For shoes, the combat boots are back in trend. The last time I remember this was in fashion was back in the 90's - during the grunge era. Just goes to show that fashion is really like a wheel - the trends just go around and around. With a different twist to it everytime it comes back, of course. 



Shell earrings I bought from St. Croix, vintage necklace with green stones, shirtdress by Love Stitch, socks by Hue, boots by Steven Madden






My two current loves!
Love this necklace! I have been using it to spice up most of my outfits or use it as a finishing touch. 
Second, I love this jacket! It's from Rachel Roy and it's cropped. It also has the softest leather I have ever touched. I can practically wear it with any outfit and now that it's fall, it's perfect for the season. 


I'm the person who always scrunches the sleeves and pushes them up - whether they be of a dress shirt, a sweater, a trench coat or in this particular case, a leather jacket. In my opinion, a leather jacket with pushed-up sleeves adds a cool factor to the whole ensemble. But that's just me..

No comments:

Post a Comment